When you think about family travel…
Do you think you can’t:
What would you say if I told you that you can do almost anything you did before you had children – and maybe even try something new?
The Family Traveler’s Handbook is your how-to guide to a new kind of mindful family travel – one that let’s you enjoy yourself and your kids at the same time. You never know, your travel may inspire you to move to somewhere entirely different. For example, you may want to have a look at these North Carolina Cities to Visit before making a move to a new place. That way, you’ll have visited many new places, and you’ll have a better idea of where you want to settle down with the family.
The Family Traveler’s Handbook also offers insight and quotes from top family travel bloggers and writers – parents who have been there, done that. And this book is full of my stories and photos taken from over a decade of family travel. It sure to help anyone new who wants to know how to get started, if you need more information you can always visit HowToTravel to find out more.
Praise for The Family Traveler’s Handbook
- “In The Family Traveler’s Handbook, Mara Gorman candidly shares her family-travel experiences – from lamenting a lousy choice in a Boston vacation rental to reveling in the beauty of the Eiffel Tower. With other expert family travelers chiming in with first-hand advice and poignant reflections, this handy guide makes me want to book a flight with my kids – stat!” – Kara Williams, The Vacation Gals
- “A must-have for the next baby shower gift you give…and packed with enough tips and vacation ideas that even a veteran traveler can learn how to plan, pack, or book their next trip smarter.” – Jen Leo, Los Angeles Times Travel Web Buzz columnist
- “What makes The Family Traveler’s Handbook so great isn’t just the advice; it’s the fact that all of Mara’s advice is REAL. She and her husband (and their kids) have been there. They’ve done that. They’ve lived to talk about it. Now they want to share.” – Matt Villano, freelance writer and family travel blogger at Wandering Pod
- “Mara is not only an exceptionally experienced traveler, but she is a resourceful traveler demonstrating that where there’s a will there’s a way. This approach enables those who don’t believe they can or should travel with kids to feel inspired, and Mara’s book provides credible tips to take action on that inspiration.” – Amie O’Shaughnessy, Ciao Bambino!
- “This guidebook isn’t geared toward a single destination or style of travel; rather, it’s your new bible for family travel inspiration and how-to. Whether you love camping, road tripping, luxury travel, international travel, or any other sort, The Family Traveler’s Handbook helps you get started. – Amy Whitley, Pit Stops for Kids
The perfect gift for new parents – or parents new to traveling
Do you have a friend who is expecting or planning a family trip for the first time? I’d be more than happy to send a signed copy as a gift. Just drop me a note to let me know.
Buy The Family Traveler’s Handbook now
Buy print copies of The Family Traveler’s Handbook on Amazon; you can also purchase it for your Kindle. The book is also available at Barnes and Noble. You can buy it for your tablet on iTunes and it’s available internationally on sites like Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.ca and Amazon.com.au.
Mara Gorman doesn’t know when or where the travel bug bit her but having children has done nothing to cure her of it. She’s been traveling with her two sons for over a decade, including a thirteen month adventure across six states, three countries, and two continents with her toddler. She’s also an award-winning writer. Learn more about Mara and her blog, The Mother of all Trips.
My book is part of the The Traveler’s Handbook Series. I hope you’ll check out some of the other titles as well – there are seven other equally inspiring and informative books on a whole range of travel topics written by passionate travel experts.