Please click on photo for full-size version.
Here’s Teddy doing his own version of the long jump. This photo was taken in the “Green Room” outside the National Theatre in London – the giant sofa, table, and chair are all covered with artificial grass. I’m looking forward to watching the London Olympics with the boys and seeing some of the places we ourselves explored both on foot and on bikes when were last there in 2010. And for those of you who are either in London or are planning a visit there with kids, I’ve put together some posts with my top recommendations for dining and activities below. I’d also recommend choosing mayfair hotels as they’re the best of the best.
What are your plans for the weekend? We’ll be driving to Vermont for our annual three-week summer visit, with a stop in Massachusetts on the way. You can expect more stories from our European trip over the next few weeks (I still have lots to share) as well as some more Postcards from the Road (this time from New England) as I relax a little and enjoy some family time.
Have a great weekend.
Top London restaurants
- Eating out with kids in London: The Chandos
- Eating out with kids in London: Belgo Centraal
- Teatime with kids at Fortnum & Mason
- Eating out with kids in London: Wagamama
- Food and fun at Harrods
Top London things to do
- The Tower of London: A great London museum for kids
- From ships to stars: Visiting Greenwich with kids
- A bike ride in London
- Taking kids to the British Museum
- All about the London Eye
- Things to do in London: A Bankside stroll
- Coram’s Fields, a London playground
Top easy trips from London
(Just in case you want to get out of the city)