For many, many years (over a decade in fact) I wore Elizabeth Arden’s Fifth Avenue perfume. It was my signature scent, and I loved not only how it smelled but the fact that it came in an elegant, heavy glass bottle. I loved it so much that I hated leaving it behind when I traveled, but it didn’t come in a size that was small enough to carry on once the TSA instituted its liquids ban and I was always leery about packing it in case it spilled. But for some reason, on our family trip to Los Angeles in 2010, I decided to throw caution to the wind and after wrapping a nearly full bottle in a plastic bag, I shoved it into a huge green duffle that was otherwise full of the toys, shoes, clothes, and the boys’ booster seats for the car.
Well, in case you’re wondering, a good way to dictate a perfume change and to destroy an otherwise perfectly usable piece of luggage is to spill close to four ounces of perfume all over it. It coated everything and the scent dogged us for the rest of the trip; by the end of it even I had determined that I could never again wear anything that smelled remotely like it.
If only I had the Travalo refillable perfume spray bottle.
It’s rare for me to be this enthusiastic about a piece of travel gear. I’m not really a “gadget” girl and I don’t tend to purchase things just for traveling – why do that when plastic bags from the grocery store are so handy? But I love everything about this product from its sleek aesthetic – it fits beautifully in the palm of my hand – to the fact that it takes about five seconds to fill with perfume from my full-sized bottle.
It holds 50 to 65 sprays, is 98 percent recyclable, spill- and shatterproof, and TSA approved for carry-on bags. And it even comes in black for the dude in your life who likes to travel with his cologne but doesn’t want to look too girly.
So cute! So easy to use! And this way I’ll never have to switch perfumes again! And in case you’re wondering, I’ve switched to Sugar Lychee by Fresh without looking back once. In fact, if I need to smell Fifth Avenue, I can pull out that duffle bag, which still reeks of it. The Travalo will definitely find a permanent place in my purse as well as coming along with me on every trip I take, especially now that I am committed to traveling as often as possible with only carry-on bags.
Travalo has generously given me one of their spray bottles to give to a reader – and yes, you want one of these babies. Even better, if you enter the drawing on my site, you’ll automatically be entered to win a grand prize of a $400 flight voucher that can take you and your Travalo anywhere you want to go.
To enter to win both a Travalo of your own and the grand prize of the flight voucher, please leave a comment indicating your dream destination where you’d like to take your Travalo – someplace fabulous, where you can be sure to smell as delicious as the sights you’re taking in. This contest will close on Friday, October 21 at 11:59 EST. I will draw a winner for the Travalo over that weekend; see details about the grand prize drawing below.
So tell me: What fabulous destination are you dreaming of visiting?
Disclosure: Travalo sent me a free perfume spray bottle to review and is providing the prizes for this contest. As always, the opinions expressed are my own.
Rules and conditions
- Contest is open to residents of the United States and Canada only.
- Contest closes on Friday, October 21 at 11:59 EST.
- Please, only one comment per person per giveaway post. Duplicate comments and anonymous comments will be discarded. Please make sure that the email address in your comment form is valid.
- I will disqualify any entries that I believe are generated by scripts and other automated technology.
- Employees, partners and vendors of The Mother of All Trips and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
- I will share all entry emails with C.Fox Communications, which will pull one grand prize winner from all entries and share winner’s name with all participating blogs by 10:00am (EST) on Wednesday, October 26. Winning email will be pulled at random and duplicate emails will be removed prior to determining a winner. C.Fox Communications will notify the grand prize winner directly by 12:00pm (EST) on Thursday, October 27.
- Travel voucher will be sent directly to winner by C.Fox Communications within three (3) weeks of notification of winning status.