Today is full of all kinds of holiday fun for me – first I’m meeting my friend Keryn from Walkingon Travels and her two little ones at Longwood Gardens and then it’s off for a Philadelphia holiday getaway with my family tonight. What kinds of holiday plans do you have this weekend?
If you’re in the Philadelphia area, I’ve got a few suggestions for holiday doings:
- Stars and joy at Longwood Gardens during the 2012 holiday season
- MidAtlantic fun: Christmas at the Brandywine River Museum
- Peeps Fest!
- There’s also the article I wrote last year for last year’s USA Today Guide to Philadelphia. A Day with du Ponts offers tips about visiting a number of different museums in the Brandywine Valley at the holidays.
And no matter where you’re headed this holiday season, you might find the following posts useful:
- Family travel tips: Planning holiday fun
- Skiing on a holiday weekend
- Road tripping with kids this holiday season? Some suggestions
Finally, I’d like to say a big thank you to the Hotel Monaco Philadelphia and to Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants, both for hosting us this Friday night and for donating the prize I hosted for the Passports with Purpose fundraiser. I’m happy to report that we successfully raised over $100,000 to build five wells in Haiti with Water.org. Thanks to all of you who donated! We couldn’t have done it without you.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend, full of the holiday spirit.